Ten Reasons to Install a Knox-Box
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
- Assure immediate building entry by firefighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
- Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
- Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances.
- Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your building at 2:00 am for a false alarm.
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building is left unattended. The fire department holds the only key to the KNOX-BOX.
- Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low-cost investment.
- Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
- Over the last 25 years, KNOX-BOX has been the chosen solution in 6,000 communities nationwide - communities just like yours!
How the Knox System Works
It's 2:00 am. The fire alarm in your building is ringing and the fire department responds. Rather than reaching for an ax to break down the door, firefighters open the KNOX-BOX, remove entrance keys, and immediately enter your facility.
Eliminating forced entry means no property damage and no replacement costs for broken windows and forced doorframes or locks. It also means no flying glass to injure firefighters.
You arrive on site knowing that you or your representative did not have to get there before firefighters could enter your building. The fire department has already determined that a small fire was contained by the sprinkler system. The reduced emergency response time meant immediate shut off of the sprinkler water supply resulting in minimal smoke, fire and water damage to your property.
Even before parking your car, you see that the fire department has already re-locked the front door and replaced your key inside the KNOX-BOX.
In an era of reduced funding and manpower, your fire department has performed its duties with increased effectiveness and is now free to respond to the next emergency.
The minimal expenditure to install a KNOX-BOX has allowed you, the building owner, to satisfy local fire codes and ordinances. But most importantly, KNOX-BOX protection is providing peace of mind that your building is safe.