Quick Thinking Actions Save House
 
By MVFA Webmaster
October 17, 2018
 

At approximately 5:25pm this evening Wednesday 10/17/18, Mohegan FD was dispatched to Challinor Dr in Yorktown for a reported kitchen fire, possibly extinguished. Upon arrival, units found a kitchen fire that was extinguished by the use of a ABC dry chemical fire extinguisher from a quick thinking Robison Oil Company service technician. The service technician just happened to be at the residence performing normal oil burner maintenance. The fire, which started on top of the stove, was thankfully contained to the kitchen area with no further fire spread, although the fire did damage the oven, walls, cabinets, and ceiling. If it wasn’t for the quick actions of this technician, the fire without certainty, would have spread further! We also found out that the smoke detectors did not function properly in the residence. Even though we change clocks next month and promote the “Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery” smoke detectors Campaign, we would like to remind everyone to check/test your smoke detectors and change the batteries as often as possible. Again, we would like to thank this service technician for his quick thinking actions for extinguishing the fire and we recommend every resident to have a fire extinguisher in their home. If a person must use an extinguisher, please dial 911 first to alert the fire department in case the extinguisher doesn’t fully extinguish the fire. Units on this scene were Car 2261, 2263, 2269, Engine 252, Engine 255, Engine 256, Ladder 35, and Rescue 32. All units cleared by 6:05pm.

 
Units: Car 2261, 2263, 2269, Engine 252, Engine 255, Engine 256, Ladder 35, and Rescue 32
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption