Mohegan Volunteer Fire Association
There are currently no events
Quick Thinking Actions Save House
Email Print RSS Facebook Twitter

By MVFA Webmaster
October 17, 2018

At approximately 5:25pm this evening Wednesday 10/17/18, Mohegan FD was dispatched to Challinor Dr in Yorktown for a reported kitchen fire, possibly extinguished. Upon arrival, units found a kitchen fire that was extinguished by the use of a ABC dry chemical fire extinguisher from a quick thinking Robison Oil Company service technician. The service technician just happened to be at the residence performing normal oil burner maintenance. The fire, which started on top of the stove, was thankfully contained to the kitchen area with no further fire spread, although the fire did damage the oven, walls, cabinets, and ceiling. If it wasn’t for the quick actions of this technician, the fire without certainty, would have spread further! We also found out that the smoke detectors did not function properly in the residence. Even though we change clocks next month and promote the “Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery” smoke detectors Campaign, we would like to remind everyone to check/test your smoke detectors and change the batteries as often as possible. Again, we would like to thank this service technician for his quick thinking actions for extinguishing the fire and we recommend every resident to have a fire extinguisher in their home. If a person must use an extinguisher, please dial 911 first to alert the fire department in case the extinguisher doesn’t fully extinguish the fire. Units on this scene were Car 2261, 2263, 2269, Engine 252, Engine 255, Engine 256, Ladder 35, and Rescue 32. All units cleared by 6:05pm.

Units: Car 2261, 2263, 2269, Engine 252, Engine 255, Engine 256, Ladder 35, and Rescue 32

Comment Comment 0 Comment(s)

Useful MVFA Website Links:

Homepage Donate Contact Us
Guestbook Members E-mail Members Area
Visitors Today: 612 Visitors Since May 2, 2005: 2,504,090
Mohegan Volunteer Fire Association
Website Proudly Maintained By:
Mohegan Volunteer
Fire Association

P.O. Box 162
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
Emergency Dial 9-1-1
Non-Emergency Numbers:
Headquarters: (914) 526-0823
Headquarters Fax: (914) 526-0825
Ambulance Corps: (914) 526-1005
Ambulance Fax: (914) 526-1048
Website Designed and Hosted By:
Firehouse Solutions
Copyright © 2019 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.)