WE DARE YOU TO CROSS THE FIRE LINE!
The Mohegan Volunteer Fire Association and Mohegan Volunteer Fire Association Volunteer Ambulance Corps (MVFA-VAC) are both seeking new members to join our ranks. The Fire Association and Ambulance Corps work hand in hand with each other on a daily basis. With the continuous rise in call volume, we need more volunteers to help serve the public. We are a very busy department answering over 1,000 Fire/Rescue Calls and 3,000 EMS Calls for service annually. Our response area (Lake Mohegan Fire District) spans approximately 42 square miles providing service to both parts of the Town of Yorktown and the Town of Cortlandt in Northern Westchester County. There are no monthly hourly requirements and the time that you dedicate allows you to accommodate you and your family’s schedule. All members must make some minimum requirements to remain active each year. Any amount of time that you can offer will greatly benefit you, your family, and your community! We are all neighbors helping neighbors and are here for each other. No experience is required. We are here to help you become certified, trained and accustomed to what it takes to be a first responder. All of the training is free and is provided to you as a member.
If you're asking yourself what's in it for you...here's what to expect:
Training including but is not limited to:
1) New York State Certified Firefighter 1 requirements
2) Annual Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) and Confined Space Training
3) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Training
4) New York State Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
5) Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator (Needed to drive our ambulances)
6) Additional NY State, Westchester County, and in-house training courses
Some of our Specialized Units include:
1) Firefighter Assist Search Team (FAS-Team), which responds mutual aid to other fire departments to assist at fire scenes in case a problem occurs to a fellow firefighter (lost/trapped/disoriented/injured)
2) Fire-Police Unit, which assists in scenes by directing traffic and assisting with crowd control and are sworn Peace Officers in our towns.
Some Benefits To Being An Active Member:
1) New York State Length of Service Awards Program (LOSAP) Retirement
2) Benevolent Benefits
3) Scholarships for College Students
4) Town Property Tax Reductions
If you like what you here, we are located at 1975 East Main St (Rt. 6) Mohegan Lake, NY 10547. Feel free to stop in and say hello and pick up an application to join. You MUST be a minimum of 16 years old to join and be a resident of the Lake Mohegan Fire District. We are more than happy to show you around!
Are you questioning whether this is the right option for you? No worries, we are here to answer any and all questions and to help you as much as we can. Feel free to give us a ring at (914) 526-0823. If we don’t answer, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call as soon as possible! You can also email us at Membership@moheganfire.com
We hope to hear from you soon!
Mohegan Volunteer Fire Association
Mohegan Volunteer Ambulance Corps
1975 East Main Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
If you’re interested in applying, you can find a copy of our applications either on our website or by stopping by our Fire Headquarters on Route 6!
"There Is No Greater Calling Than To Serve Your Fellow Men"