|2017 Fire Prevention Week October 8th-14th|
|By MVFA Webmaster|
|October 8, 2017|
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
Here’s this year’s key campaign messages:
1) Draw a map of your home with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
2) Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
3) Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
4) Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
5) Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
6) Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
|Hyperlinks:||NFPA Fire Prevention Week Link